Pictures just do not do this project justice. This week I spent all my designing time working on this eight layered mandala style flag. I wanted to create the flag in a way that didn’t distort the dimensions, but yet allowed for a bit of artistic flair.
I don’t mind if you use these designs for personal or small business commercial use up to 200 items, but please do not re-sell or re-distribute the files. I’d ask that you direct your crafty friends here to download the files themselves. Also, I don’t allow my designs to be used in print-on-demand shops or on transfers that will be sold. Click HERE for complete Terms of Service.
LAYERED AMERICAN FLAG MANDALA FREE SVG
Download includes the “One Nation Under God” phrase as shown on photo above. I saved the lines separately so that they can be spaced appropriately for each project size.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR LAYERED AMERICAN FLAG
- Card stock – Recollections from Michaels in 65lb weight works perfect
- Foam tabs – These foam tabs from Tombow are my absolute favorite. They’re thick enough to provide a good dimension to each project. The description is a bit deceiving as it states 50 tabs. In fact, there are 464 in the package, 50 large and 414 small sizes.
- Adhesive Vinyl – For the lettering on glass
- Glue or tape runner
- Light grip mat (blue light grip)
- Cricut Maker – or your favorite cutting machine.
- Shadow Box Frame – In the photo above, I used an 11×14″ frame from Michaels.
- Design #65 – Layered American Flag SVG – The free cut file (available in my freebie vault—get the password at the bottom of this post).
ASSEMBLING THE LAYERS
Photo above shows order of layers
After cutting all the layers, I started assembling by gluing the black frame border to the blue layer.
I then flipped the project over and placed foam tabs in the stars and around the edge. Next, layer the first red layer on top of the foam tabs.
For the fourth layer (white), I decided I didn’t like the amount of space between the blue stars and the white showing through, so I glued the white layer to the red to keep the white closer to the front. I choose to use a tape runner so that I didn’t have to wait for the glue to dry.
All remaining layers were place using foam tabs.
PLEASE SHARE BEFORE DOWNLOADING
Please share! If you enjoy this project/design, please share it on your social media platform or your favorite Pinterest board. I greatly appreciate it!! That helps my blog continue to grow and enables me to continue to provide free designs. 💕 Thank you!
DOWNLOAD MY LAYERED AMERICAN FLAG BY SUBSCRIBING (FREE) BELOW TO GET THE PASSWORD TO MY FREEBIE VAULT
This download includes the Layered American Flag and One Nation Under God phrase. Both files are in SVG and DXF formats.
New to Design Space and looking for help with how to upload? Click HERE to find directions to get started.
Looking for a way to display your American Flag? Download the free Easel Stand.