Pictures just do not do this project justice. This week I spent all my designing time working on this eight layered mandala style flag. I wanted to create the flag in a way that didn’t distort the dimensions, but yet allowed for a bit of artistic flair.
LAYERED AMERICAN FLAG MANDALA FREE SVG
Download includes the “One Nation Under God” phrase as shown on photo above. I saved the lines separately so that they can be spaced appropriately for each project size.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR LAYERED AMERICAN FLAG
- Card stock
- Foam tabs – These foam tabs from Tombow are my absolute favorite. They’re thick enough to provide a good dimension to each project. The description is a bit deceiving as it states 50 tabs. In fact, there are 464 in the package, 50 large and 414 small sizes.
- Adhesive Vinyl – For the lettering on glass
- Glue or tape runner
- Light grip mat (blue light grip)
- Cricut Maker – or your favorite cutting machine.
- Shadow Box Frame – In the photo above, I used an 11×14″ frame from Michaels.
ASSEMBLING THE LAYERS
After cutting all the layers, I started assembling by gluing the black frame border to the blue layer.
I then flipped the project over and placed foam tabs in the stars and around the edge. Next, layer the first red layer on top of the foam tabs.
For the fourth layer (white), I decided I didn’t like the amount of space between the blue stars and the white showing through, so I glued the white layer to the red to keep the white closer to the front. I choose to use a tape runner so that I didn’t have to wait for the glue to dry.
All remaining layers were place using foam tabs.
SHARE BEFORE DOWNLOADING
Please help us by sharing it before downloading the design. If you like these free designs, please take a moment to share on your favorite social media or pin it on Pinterest. That helps our site continue to grow so that we can continue to provide free content. Thank you! 💜
New to Cricut and need help on how to upload these designs to your Cricut machine? My How to Upload SVG Files In Cricut Design Space post will provide step by step directions how-to upload SVGs to Design Space.
Looking for a way to display your American Flag? Download the free Easel Stand.