FREE LAYERED CHRISTMAS STOCKING CUT FILE
As I write this post, it’s July. I’ve been wanting to create Christmas designs for a bit now and finally decided that a Christmas in July theme would be perfect. Are you working on Christmas decorations and dreaming of Christmas?
The Snowflake and Blank Stockings were assembled by gluing the first two layers together and using foam tabs between the second and third layers. I used the same format on the stocking and the top portion. Foam tabs were used to attach the top to the bottom part of the stocking.
Included with the download for these Christmas stockings are four designs. A Snowflake, Candy Canes, Deer, and a Blank Christmas Stocking. The blank one leaves plenty of room to add a name or other decoration for personalization. The download folder will include both SVG and DXF formats. The stocking portion is three layers and the fluffy part at the top is an additional three layers.
The Candy Cane and Deer Stockings were assembled with glue. No foam tabs were used.
MATERIALS TO MAKE LAYERED CHRISTMAS STOCKINGS
- 65 lb Cardstock – I used Recollections Brand Cardstock.
- Foam tabs – These foam tabs from Tombow are my absolute favorite. They’re thick enough to provide a good dimension to each project. The description is a bit deceiving as it states 50 tabs. In fact, there are 464 in the package, 50 large and 414 small sizes.
- Light grip mat (blue light grip)
- Cricut Maker – or your favorite cutting machine.
- Design #78 – Layered Christmas Stocking – Free SVG cut file (available in my freebie vault—get the password at the bottom of this post).
PLEASE SHARE PRIOR TO DOWNLOADING
Please share! If you enjoy this project/design, would you please share it on your social media platform or on your favorite Pinterest board? I greatly appreciate it!! That helps my blog continue to grow and enables me to continue to provide free designs. 💕 Thank you!