Father’s Day will be here soon. To honor the special fathers in the world, I’ve created a six-layered Dad square. It is perfect for a shadow box, possibly in Dad’s favorite team colors. Or use the design to make a card. The download for this design will include both the square version and the card style format.
HOW TO MAKE A LAYERED DAD SHADOW BOX
Although the end project looks complicated, it’s relatively simple. I find it best to cut each of the layers and then stack them in order to be glued. For more detailed directions, follow this link to my Graduation Shadow Box. The steps used will be the same.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR LAYERED CLASS OF 2020 SHADOW BOX
- 65lb. Cardstock – I prefer the Recollections brand.
- Foam Tabs – These are my favorite. I’ve found they provide more depth between the layers. Also note, the Amazon photo shows the package includes 50 tabs. It’s really 464. There are 50 large pieces, and 414 small sizes.
- Square Shadow Box – For this project (pictured). I used an 8-inch square shadow box that I made with my free shadow box frame cut file. You could also use a frame from Michael’s or your local craft store.
- Light Grip Mat (blue)
- Cricut Maker – or cutting machine of your choice
Please share! If you enjoy this project/design, please share it on your social media platform or your favorite Pinterest board. I greatly appreciate it!! That helps my blog continue to grow and enables me to continue to provide free designs. 💕 Thank you!
DOWNLOAD FREE LAYERED DAD CARD AND SHADOW BOX HERE
NEED A SHADOW BOX FRAME?
If you’re looking to make a frame for the shadow box out of card stock or kraft board, this link will take you to my free Shadow Box SVG (and a layered mandala too).
New to Design Space and looking for help with how to upload? Click HERE to find directions to get started.
CHECK OUT SOME OF MY LATEST POSTS
- Lucky Shamrock Layered Shadowbox
- 2D Floral Butterfly Alphabet – Free Cut Files
- Cricut 3D Letter Workshop
- Thanks! I’ve added you to the list.
- Cricut Craftfest